Who We Are
Media Gin… as in a gin (machine) to create custom media experiences.
Mediagin is a small but perfectly formed creative studio in Brandon, Mississippi owned by Jim & Melissa Sherwood. We are very proud in putting Christ before everything we do. That’s why we never build web sites that contradict Biblical teaching or orthodox Christian principles. We even have scriptures written on the back of our business cards to help spread God’s message. If you have any question about our morals or ethics, please read our Ethics Statement below.
We forge websites & other media products that make people want to know you better. We strive on finding elegant solutions to complex problems and staying at the cutting edge of the digital industry.
Jim Sherwood, Creative Lead
People spend years in books learning to cultivate the art of graphic design, publishing, web design, public speaking, radio broadcasting and video production. Everything that I have done in my career has been self-taught with hands-on real world experience. I’ve spent over 20 years in radio broadcasting. When I first began, I listened to major market radio personalities and learned from their successes and failures. The same can be said for my graphic and web design experience. I am always watching and learning from the best. I like to keep an eye on the latest web design and video techniques and am always watchful for ways to do things better. Continual learning is a passion of mine.
I started Mediagin in 2000 as a side-business to my radio career. Since then, I have designed countless logos, print designs and websites. Meanwhile, I am still heavy in writing, voicing and producing radio commercials, television voice-overs and on-hold messaging. Spare time is spent with family, inside online learning hubs, or in the garage trying to build a $900 camera rig for $20.
In every industry, those who choose to operate above-board have to define and adopt a set of ethical guidelines that govern their business activities. Mediagin Creative is a Christian owned and operated business and we hope that shines through our work. We follow a strict set of moral & ethical guidelines in accepting new business. Here are some things you can count on from us:
- We WILL deal honestly and fairly with clients at all times, making every effort to deliver work within the estimated time frame and budget.
- We WILL ensure, to the best of our ability, that the information published on behalf of clients is true and complete and is not in any way misleading to potential customers.
- We WILL attempt to use the simplest routes possible that produce the desired results.
- We WILL immerse ourselves in your business and culture to give you the best results possible.
- We WILL work alongside you as often as we can. Otherwise we will set things up so you can watch our work progress.
- We WILL agree and work with weekly goals through the design process.
- We WILL promptly provide the client with access to any client-owned materials upon receipt of their request, in the event that any client wants to terminate their association with Mediagin. Please note that any past-due balances will need to be handled first.
- We WILL NOT participate in the distribution of unlicensed or pirated software (“warez”) nor work on any site that encourages intellectual property theft or copyright violations.
- We WILL NOT utilize or distribute “spyware” or use repeating windows or “loops,” nor code that disables the browser’s “Back” button, nor any other technology that attempts to “trap” a visitor into a site or to view a page for a longer time than desired by the visitor.
- We WILL NOT utilize deceptive or excessive search engine optimization techniques.
- We WILL NOT utilize pop-up windows, pop-under windows, or other intrusive technologies for advertising purposes.
- We WILL NOT participate in any activity having as its intent or effect the artificial inflation of website statistics to increase advertising revenues, or for any other reason.
Mediagin Creative adheres to US Copyright Law Title 17, Chapter 11, Section 1101; in short, we will not use any material known to be or suspected to be copyrighted unless you own the copyright. Every customer may be required to sign a release form stating ownership and/or authority to reproduce said material. Mediagin Creative will not create or duplicate any website, video, audio or print material that engages in, displays or portrays any of the following:
- Provides, sells or offers to sell the following products or content (or services related to the same): pornography or illicitly pornographic sexual products; escort services; illegal goods; illegal drugs; illegal drug contraband; pirated computer programs, audio sound tracks or movies; instructions on how to assemble or otherwise make bombs, grenades or other weapons;
- Displays material that exploits children, or otherwise exploits children under 18 years of age;
- Posts or discloses any personally identifying information or private information about children without their consent (or their parents consent in case of a minor);
- Provides or displays material that is grossly offensive, including blatant expressions of bigotry, prejudice, racism, hatred or excessive profanity or post any obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing or otherwise objectionable content;
- Displays any form of nudity, or suggestive “adult” scenes or situations;
- Sells or promotes any products or services that are unlawful in the location at which the content is posted or received;
- Training or instruction of how to introduce viruses, worms, harmful code and/or Trojan horses or similar material on the Internet;
- Engages in any libelous, defamatory, scandalous, threatening, harassing activity;
- Posts any content that advocates, promotes or otherwise encourages violence against any governments, law enforcement organizations, groups or individuals or which provides instruction, information or assistance in causing or carrying out such violence;
- Any form of material that can be classified as anti-American, anti-military, anti-law enforcement, anti-God, or anti-Christian.
Any job where work is in process that is then discovered to contain such material as described above or that is in violation of our Code of Ethics will not be produced; the original material will be returned to the customer and the deposit refunded, less any mastering or editing charges which may have been incurred. We do apologize for any inconvenience or delays this may cause. We don’t want to sound judgmental, after-all, business is business. But some things are more important than work or money and taking a stand against what we believe to be unethical or immoral goes a long way to helping us sleep at night.